5/22/16
Bonjour tous!
For those who may not know, I am studying in France for eight weeks and then travelling Europe afterwards! I decided that it would be fun to do a blog so I could share my experience with others. Here are a few snapshots of my first weekend in France!
I decided to go and explore the town and was not dissapointed! The buildings here are so cool! Each has its own character.
The building with the dome I believe is some sort of governmental building. There was a wedding going on, so that's why there were so many people.
Guess who found a Subway? haha. I had to try Subway in France to see if it was any different. When I walked in, it looked just like a Subway in the United States, until I realized that everything was written in French and the workers didn't speak English. Ordering a sub was fun as I got to practice my French with the locals! They spoke reallllllly fast though!

If anyone was wondering whether or not the food tasted any different? I can honestly say that it was basically the same minus the cheese and meat. The meat and cheese tasted more hearty, or more organic you could say?

Above is a picture of my petit déjeuner that I have been eating every morning at the hotel. I was in for a shock as I expected eggs, pancakes, and sausage for breakfast but there was none of that. Instead, I ate crepes and nutella, with a baguette on the side (they seriously eat bread all the time!) and fruit. That small cup in the center is a coffee cup! Small portions for a Finn for sure, but luckily I am not much of a coffee drinker.
This last image is an event that I just happened to stumble upon while going for a walk. It turned out that Rennes was having some sort of sporting event. This was the main event from what I could see. It was a group of youth and young teens in a roller blading race. How cool!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the few photos that I put up! I plan on sharing more as I continue this journey.
Til next time and God bless!
-Maria



No comments:
Post a Comment